The Travertson V-Rex was started as a concept sketch by Australian designer Tim Cameron. A motorcycle enthusiast, Cameron has been sketching motorcycles even as a kid, and as a grown man continued drawing new concepts always imagining what a motorcycle could be.
By chance Christian Travert stumbled upon the 3D concept art Tim Cameron came up with ( thank you internet ).
Travert got in touch with Cameron via email dropping him the line “Dream Bike on the Streets of America”. Mentioning in the email the 227 mph, a jet engine-powered Y2K motorcycle that he helped build.
The first production V-Rex rolled out a few thousand man-hours later, and the dream had become a reality.
Stocking a 79.2-inch wheelbase, with the Harley V-Rod-sourced engine, and a cast-aluminum fuel tank, the bike weighs in around 670-pounds of dry weight.
Travert’s rear suspension design absorbs road impurities well, but the rear shock’s are limited. This means you may need to stop to rest your ass, or back depending on your degree of stiff discomfort, getting a softer saddle could help this dilemma, and we can only recommend Red Beard Leather for a job like that.
Standard on this bike is a thumb starter and the 1350cc DOHC V-Twin which rumbles with the sound of familiar Harley signature sound we all know and love.
The V-Rex 18-inch wheels are made of a Metzeler Marathon touring rubber, for those long hard strides of fast cruising. Braking with a single front disc, clamped by a six-piston caliper from a Buell sportbike. Rear braking duties is a two-piston caliper pinching a single disc. With the overall stopping power on the V-Rex being fair.
How Much Does A Travertson V Rex Cost?
A V-Rex will run you around the $43,900 mark, and that might seem a bit out there for some. However, a fully custom production chopper, like Orange County Choppers start at roughly the same price.
The Spec On The V-Rex
- Seat Height: 26 Inches
- Wheelbase: 79.2 in X2010 mm
- Fuel Capacity: 4.8 Gallons / 18.2 Liters
- Oil Capacity: 4.5 qts. / 4.41 liters
- Dry Weight: 670 lbs. / 304kg
- Engine: Genuine HD V-Rod Engine 120 HP Revolution
- Displacement: 1250 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 3.94 in x 2.84in. 97.5 mm x 72.13 mm
- Torque: 74.0 Ft.lbs@7000 Rpm
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Compression Ratio: 11.3:1
- Miles Per Gallon: 47.7 Hwy / 37.4 City 5.2 liter / 100 Km
- Primary Drive: Gear
- Gear Ratio (overall): 2.57/1 Belt Drive
- Front: Machined 18 x 4.25 Aluminum Assembly Hub / Rim
- Rear: Slotted Machined 18 x 10.5 Aluminum
- Tire Size Front: 140/70/18
- Tire Size Rear: 280/30/18
- Steel Tubing and Cast Aluminum
- Front: Aluminum twin swing arm and fully adjustable hydraulic mono shock
- Back: Aluminum single sided swing arm and adjustable hydraulic dual shocks
- Front: 6 piston inverted caliper / floating disk
- Rear: 2 piston caliper / floating disk
- Exhaust System: two-into~0ne
UNIQUE FEATURES: Looks Good From Every Angle
- Colors: See Dealer
- Custom Color: Call for pricing
- California Emissions: Included